Monday, November 1, 2010

2nd & Charles

Okay, so this is not exactly the typical media review since it is about a store, but it is about a store that deals with media, so technically, it is a media review.

In the Birmingham, AL area, we have a new store called 2nd & Charles, and let me just say, it is one of those kind of stores that not only can you literally get lost and absorbed in for several hours, but the first time I took in boxes of books for sale, my one and a half hours turned into three hours very quickly.

But thanks to 2nd & Charles, I am one CD shy of having EVERY Jump5 CD that had ever been released before the group called it quits because they were about to take different paths in life. Their self-titled debut album seems to be the ever-elusive one.

But during an age in which the other pop stars were Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, I have to say Jump5 was one of the best alternative pop groups available during that time period. With songs like "All I Can Do," "Do Ya," and remixes of "God Bless the U.S.A.," "Celebrate," and "We Are Family," there are few people that would not like Jump5's music.

However, I veer slightly off topic.

2nd & Charles will buy back most any form of media. They offer store credit or cash. Store credit is almost double and can be used for any purchase in their store. Secondhand DVDs for $5.50, secondhand CDs for $3-$5 in most cases, books as inexpensive as $1, and even record albums. Some of the selections of records would be to-die-for for avid collectors of things like Elvis Presley, U2, and The Beatles. Or in my case, Jump5, Christmas music, Disney films, animal films, or avid book readers.

Too bad I could not find any Paddington Bear the last time I was there, but who knows? They are still relatively new, so maybe the next time I am there, I might find some.

No comments:

Post a Comment