Monday, July 4, 2016

That Time an Anti-Vaccine Troll May Have Failed, Keeping Vaxxed Out of Birmingham, and Fear of Trump

First of all, yes, I follow some pro-vaccine pages. Because I am pro-vaccine. Why? Because I understand the science behind immunology and diseases. Because a disease nearly kept me from being born and gave me other diseases that I now have to live with the effects of. Because vaccines did not make me autistic nor have they ever made anyone autistic as autism is a genetic developmental disorder. Because three diseases in the course of a year gave me another disability to boot. All because of one disease that likely stemmed from that disease that nearly kept me from being born.

Let me tell you what was said before I tell you what the troll attempted to do. The post was about a woman whose baby is suffering from pertussis. So many women who were anti-vaccine because they bought the lies have been going through this. It is sad. And we can only hope their babies will come through okay. The response to here from an anti-vaccine person was "why should I vaccinate my child just so your child will not get sick?" My response was that they expect so much empathy from us yet have none for those who have suffered from now preventable diseases. They get mad when we do not show them empathy because they were negligent. I have literally had anti-vaccine people tell me that I should just die because I am immune deficient and cannot build antibodies to these diseases. And that no one gets to say anything like that to anyone. Ever. Well, the troll failed. Because the thing is I already justified my reason to not feel empathy toward them based on what they have told me. And the troll was blocked immediately.

Yes, I said I feel no empathy toward people who are neglectful. And I don't. Why should I?

Australia has a no jab, no pay policy now. I think America needs to adopt a stiffer one. And don't think of me as heartless because in reality, I am the most caring person there is, but I think America needs a no jab, no pay policy as well. And the extent of it needs to be that if a person refuses medically proven treatments and preventive services that they should not receive any government benefits whatsoever. No SNAP, no TANF, no Medicaid, no Medicare, no SSI/SSDI or any other form of SS. Why? Because if their child ends up disabled from a preventable disease and they get benefits for that disability, we are paying for their negligent behavior. It's hard enough to get benefits when you are born with disabilities that get worse through your life! We already pay for their negligence when someone with an immune deficiency, cancer, or on immune suppressing medications ends up sick or dead from their negligence....

On that note, the HATE group is at it again. Only this time they are trying to bring that crap to my home turf. And guess what? It will not be allowed. UAB has the largest total of immune deficient and cancer patients in our state. And I do know of some people who travel from other states to come to the doctors at UAB. I am also a self-advocate. For autism and for immune deficiency. Every major organization that handles autism and immune deficiency and at least three major media outlets have been contacted. The theater they are trying to bring it to will receive a cease and desist letter this week as well.

Why all this effort to stop a "film?" Because the message it is sending about autistics like myself is damaging our efforts to have acceptance by calling us damaged chimps and dogs. Because the MMR vaccine has been exonerated repeatedly. And because it is HATE speech and should never be tolerated. Because in their cult, they also want to bring back those nasty fatal diseases that we have worked so hard to eliminate. And yes, I call them a cult. Because they are.

Andrew Wakefield was debunked when he proposed the MMR-autism link. He was stripped of his license to practice. And he continues to bring harm to autistics with this film even now.

Here is my honest observation: As the vaccination rates began to drop in the United States, the autism rates have continued to rise. Changes in diagnostic criteria notwithstanding, this already should indicate one fatal flaw in their theory: in order for there to be any correlation, they should be going in the same direction, not equal but opposite directions. Other fatal errors that have been committed are that in their already debunked over 1000 times nonsense, they fail to understand the history of autism, the history of diseases, and the fact that, wait for it, there are unvaccinated autistics!

I have seen them claim ninja nurses snuck in and vaccinated the child. I have seen them claim autistics are vegetables. I have seen them claim autistics are zombies. And all I can do is shake my head and cry. Why do they hate autistics so much? Why? We are human beings with feelings just like they claim to be. And if anything, we feel a lot more than they apparently ever will. We are not numb or mindless. And their comments about us do hurt.

I didn't intend to get political here, but it is the anti-vaccine nonsense that has so many of us terrified of what will happen should Donald Trump end up having dumb luck enough to win the White House. Of course, I highly doubt that will ever happen because there is not one people group in America that he has not insulted at some point in the course of this year or last year, and I am seeing that even the republicans are doing what they can to keep him away. But he is literally just as dangerous as the anti-vaccine people!

I am autistic. I am immune deficient. I am in the diagnostic stages with regard to the recent discovery that I have mast cell disease. And I am terrified of the future in America because of Donald Trump and anti-vaccine people who are all trying to kill me apparently. I have seen and read about the horrors in Nazi Germany and I am afraid America will see a repeat of that if Donald Trump wins, only it will be if you are not white, if you are not blond, if you are not "perfect," then you will be sent away and killed because according to Trump, those are the things that make people "perfect."

I pray every day for God's will to be done, but I am beginning to feel that it is a losing battle here.

Oh, but I guess the plus side is I am worthy enough for a troll attempt.... Haha....

By the way, the new gold is the statistic claiming that there will be in 1 in 2 autistics by 2025. Here is my gold for that: Have you not heard that we autistics are actually superior intellectual aliens from another planet sent here to take over the world and to bring back all that is good in humanity? Now I must contact the home planet and let them know I revealed our plans. Seriously. That is going to be priceless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment